Sunday, May 14, 2006

Happy Mother's Day



Here is a rose that I picked out for my mom for Mothers Day. There are a couple of things that I would like you to consider about this rose. My mother is deathly allergic to just about anything that isn't nailed down. So when you converse with Tina(mom), please be advised to stand back a couple of feet, because if she has one of her spontaneous sneezing attacks you, and your hearing, are screwed. They are loud and last several minutes. So part of the function of this single yellow rose will serve as an antihistamine. The only side affect that this antihistamine will have is that it will take up a minute amount of space on her hard drive.

I have been doing a lot intense self analysis of late. In my fact finding process I have discovered that most of who I am comes from my parents and my friends. This has been a very good year for me. Originally, when I started Corky's Log, I was on a search to find answers to questions that I have always had. I just didn't realize that the answers were on this blog.

I love my mother and she loves me. That's not what I want to say to her this mother's day. I want to tell you mom, that the reason I picked out a yellow rose is because I think this year more than any other we have become friends. I couldn't go on the rest of my life without telling you this. Now I'm not trying to scare you mom. It's something that i'm quite proud of actually.

By the way. I almost picked out a white rose, and then I double checked with Erika, my wife's best friend, and she told me that a white rose was for romance. I can just imagine what kind of a freak you would think that Corky was, and you would definately question the conclusions I was coming up with in my self analysis.

No comments: