Thursday, May 11, 2006

Stardate: 2008


I have a major announcement: Star Trek 11 is being made. I'm speechless, I'm spellbound, I'm torn, I'm intrigued, I just wet my pants.

I had to resist the urge to wake up my wife and tell her. If I had woken her up, she probably would have driven a stake right threw my heart. The only thing that would have prevented this catastrophe from happening, is if I told her that J.J. Abrams, the producer of Lost and Alias is going to produce and direct it. The rumor mill on STARTREK.com says that this is the case. The story is supposed to be about Kirk and Spock in their earlier days at Star Fleet Academy, and then their first mission in space together.

Abrams denies the validity of all the facts but then he goes on to say, "Those characters are so spectacular. I just think that... you know, they could live again." And at the moment ladies and gentlemen, Captain Corky had his first diurnal emission.

Now listen carefully Abrams, you have given me a new reason to live. I'm on board with this whole concept but hear this, if you fuck up, by casting the wrong actors to play either James T. Kirk or Mr. Spock, I'm coming for you, and my phaser won't be set on stun.

No comments: