Monday, March 04, 2013

Out of Paper

Well, its March 2013. That means Spring will be here in a couple of weeks. I'm ready for some warmer temperatures so the crappie can move into shallow water to drop their eggs and eat minnows on the end of a hook that I supply them with.

I went to Walmart to renew my fishing license and they were out of the necessary receipt paper. I'm done with Walmart until I run out of gear. Once I've snagged all my hooks on rocks and stumps at Talyorsville Lake I will be spiritually ready to forgive Walmart for this outrage.
 
When I go into Walgreen's or CVS for an item I half expect them to not have what I need, but Walmart on the 3RD day of fishing season... fuck that shit!
I also perused the toy section, and although its improved since the end of the Holiday Season, I was not overly impressed.
 
I did get a really good deal on garbage bags and 1 gallon freezer bags while I was there. I got a lot for a little. And that's the name of the game at Walmart. Isn't it? But to not have fishing licenses on the 3RD day of Fishing Season?!? Again, FUCK THAT SHIT!Thankfully, I have a home computer with Internet access and I was able to purchase a KY Fishing Licence (and a trout stamp) on line. The thought crossed my mind to drive to another Walmart location in town, but then this thought crossed my mind: Fuck.That.Shit!
 
Despite my seething hatred for Walmart at this moment, I'm looking forward to a very productive month of early Spring fishing. One nice thing about getting my license online is that I was able to donate 2 bucks to the Fishing in Neighborhoods (FINs) program. The kids and I have thoroughly enjoyed the program and have taken full advantage of all that FINs has to offer. It's a really cool deal unlike the catastrophic inventorial fuck up at Walmart.

No comments: