Monday, June 27, 2011

God's Flashlight.

I haven't seen Green Lantern yet. A few reviews on the Internet said it wasn't that good, but its making money so it can't be that bad, right?

Instead of going to the movies at night I fish. Fishing at night is fun. Fishing at night is really fun. Fishing at night is really, really, fun.

First of all there's no sun beating down on you. The Moon is there, but the Moon isn't there to punish you for being outside. All the Moon really cares about is letting perverts and criminals know that they are being watched. The Moon is really just God's flashlight. It serves no other purpose despite what scientists pretend to understand about the Moon. Why else would there be a big glow in the dark rock out in the middle of Space?

Since I try not to be a pervert or a criminal all of the time, the Moon helps me see at night when I'm fishing so I don't put a hook through my hand while I'm trying to dislodge a hook from the cat's mouth. A lot of times these catfish swallow the hook and I have to cut the line and put a new hook on. The Moon helps with that too.

Sometimes I take my older son night fishing with me and he seems to have a pretty good relationship with the Moon. Generally around 10:00 PM my son will crawl into my lap and dose off while we fish. It really sucked the other night when I had throw him off of me to respond to a bite. But after I landed the big one and he was done crying, I wiped the dirt and gravel off of Max that got embedded into his skin and let him return to my lap to fall asleep under the serene peaceful glow of the moon. Then I moved him to the car, which we were fishing next to, and let him sleep reclined in the passenger seat. I leave the window open so his skin and body can receive all the benefits the Lord's lamp has to offer. Many people don't know this, but the Moon sings. You just have shut up and stop thinking about how important and busy your life is to hear it.

I'm sure glad that catfish eat at night. It's a sign that some people other than perverts and criminals should be awake and thriving during the nocturnal hours. I love night fishing. Night fishing is cool. If you don't believe me just ask a fucking owl.

6 comments:

Knight said...

You are so passionate about night fishing! It almost made me want to night fish. Then I remembered I don't fish. I'll never get a chance to hear the moon sing in this city either. Such a beautiful post. Thanks.

captain corky said...

Thank you for the kind words, Knight. :)

honkeie said...

I love doing stuff at night by moon light. I will have to try night fishing....i might actually catch something!

Snowflake said...

the moon is what created the tides the tide is what helps the water move. it helps life. no tide maybe no fish. no fish no fishing no fish no life on earth.

Snowflake said...

I love the night. it calls to me. I miss the stars. I am of the night.

captain corky said...

Maybe it's all those Kiss albums we listened to backwards when we were kids... ;)